Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Psalm 119:1-8 Mixture of NLT and TM



Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey His laws doing their best to follow Him. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in His paths. You have charged us to keep Your commandments carefully. Oh that my actions would consistently reflect Your principles. Then I’d never have any regrets in comparing my life with Your counsel. I thank You for speaking straight from Your heart. I will thank you by living as I should. I’m going to do what You tell me to do; please don’t give up on me!


Prayer:
Oh Father - I do so want to be a woman of integrity - a woman who stays on the course-one who follows Your instructions by walking steadily on the road revealed by You. I pray that the joy that comes to those who obey You and seek You with all their heart will be evident in my life. I don’t want to compromise in any way! I just want to pursue Your ways - the ways You prescribe. You have given us specifics on how to live and You expect Your children to live that way. I am determined that my actions are consistently reflecting Your principles. I don’t want to be ashamed or disappointed in myself when I compare my life to Your commands. I thank You for speaking straight from Your heart so that I learn the pattern or Your righteous ways. I am going to do what You tell me to do, thanking You for not giving up on me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Did you write that just for me?

I like that translation of those verses. I prayed your prayer today during my devotion. It's what I'm seeking most right now. That last line, "I am going to do what you tell me to do..." was a difficult one for me to say. I'm afraid he might be calling me outside of my comfort zone (isn't he always?) And I don't want to say "I am going to do what you tell me to do" unless I really mean it. I had to ask myself if I really did mean it...no matter what. Scary commitment. Maybe my hesitation is why he's been holding back on giving me answers (or why I'm not hearing them)...

Joyce Collins said...

No, I wrote it for myself!!!!! I am going to go through that whole Psalm and make it my prayer. Right now I am reading it in the New Living Testament and The Message. I mixed the two when I wrote the scripture and then I took those scriptures and made them my personal prayer.
How is you fasting going? I have been praying for you this week!

I am glad you are not praying the prayer randomly....God has great things in store for you, Dear One!!!!!