Monday, November 05, 2007

...the entire building was filled with smoke

...I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne and the train of His robe filled the Temple....the entire building was filled with smoke. Isaiah 6:1&4b

Yesterday we had an amazing sermon from this scripture. I have enjoyed the beauty of our sanctuary as it reminds me of this scripture. However, I was left thinking about the "filled with smoke" part of it. I know that in the Old Testament the smoke of the incense was part of the fragrance of worship. I was praying yesterday and today about the smoke. I want to know that our fragrance is pleasing to Him.

Following is a writing from Forerunner Meditations

The Lord enjoys the fragrance that emanates from your spirit when you are focused on His provision in your life. What He feeds you at His table produces a perfume that ascends from your spirit to God. When the revelation of His table touches you, your perfume ascends spontaneously and effortlessly to the Lord.

Worship is a fragrance that ascends to God as perfume. The Lord enjoys the aroma and fragrance that emanates from your spirit when you are seated at the Lord's Table. "My spikenard sends forth it fragrance..." (SOS 1:12) Spikenard speaks of spontaneous worship.

Your fragrance will be diffused to God and man when you begin to receive freely all that Jesus provides. The church at Corinth was one of the most carnal churches in the New Testament, but Paul declared to them, "We are the fragrance of Jesus Christ to God the Father. (2 Cor. 2:15)."

In other words, when God smells the fragrance of your life, He smells the literal fragrance of His Son. Jesus Christ has a literal fragrance that is a part of His divine Person, and that fragrance is so sweet to the Father

"But thank God! He has made us His captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now He uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing. To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume. And who is adequate for such a task as this? (2 Cor.2:14-16)..."

***************

Prayer:
Sweet Father, as the fragrance of my lifestyle of worship begins to arise to You, reveal Your delighted heart to me. I was created to worship You in all that I do, so even in my weakness come and enjoy all that I have to give. Thank You for allowing me to impart the precious fragrance of Your Son.

No comments: