Saturday, October 21, 2006

"The Best Is Yet To Come....


And then there's more to follow!"
My mother broke her pelvic bone a week ago today. Because of that I have spent the last week at my parent's house caring for them. My dad has alzheimers and somehow has latched on to this statement and repeats it often during the day.
Amazing! Many times an alzheimer patient becomes someone who curses even if they never cursed before.
I thank God that this is what my dad says and reminds us of the positive side of life! He is soon to be 94 years old, both knees are in bad shape, bone against bone. Yet he goes around whistling one hymn after another. He has pretty much lost his voice...it is VERY soft when he speaks...but his whistle is as good as it was when I was a little girl.
I am so grateful to have such a wonderful Dad!

9 comments:

Beauty from Ashes said...

You're are wonderfully blessed with amazing parents....brought a smile to me as i was remembering my dad and how he was humming and praising God even in his final hours, he knew what was before him and could hardly wait to behold his Saviors face!

Scott Williams said...

I'm praying for your mom and dad!

Joyce Collins said...

Marcia...I can only hope I will be like your dad and my dad when I get old!!!!
Scott, thank-you for your prayers!

Anonymous said...

How nice to see such a great picture of my great uncle Lawrence! He so reminds me of my dear grandmother, his sister Mary, they have the same smile! Your parents are wonderful, I wish we could all get together one more time one earth!

Joyce Collins said...

It does not seem like Indiana is so far away...it should be something we could pull off. It seems when there are only two out of seven siblings left that those two should see each other once in a while!

ibzim said...

Hadn't heard about your mom. Our family will be praying for yours. Our nightly family prayer time is pretty powerful.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Joyce Collins said...

And Happy Birthday to you, Ron! Did you see what I had to say about the 23rd of October!!!! :?)
I am glad to hear about your family prayer time! I wish more Christians did that in their homes. It seems to be a lost "art".

Beauty from Ashes said...

Sorry I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday ):

But this wish is for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

QUERIDA JOYCE
QUE ALEGRIA ME DA SABER ALGO MAS DE USTEDES!!!
ESTOY MUY CONMOVIDA DE VER A TUS PADRES.
QUE DIOS TE BENDIGA
ENID