Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What Do You Think?

This is in response to Jonathan's question to an earlier post I had. There were several statements made in that meditation that I felt were the opposite way of how most of us approach prayer or life.
  • If depression and oppression visit me, I am to blame; God is not, nor is anyone else. It is so easy to place the blame on anything but "me"
  • Dejection springs from one of two sources-I have either satisfied a lust or I have not. Lust means I must have it at once. Ouch!
  • Spiritual lust makes me demand an answer from God, instead of seeking God Who gives the answer Whenever the insistence is on the point that God answers prayer, we are off track. The meaning of prayer is that we get hold of God, not of the answer. I have been guilty of wanting answers!!!!
  • We look for visions from heaven, for earthquakes and thunders of God's power, and we never dream that all the time God is in the commonplace things and people around us. This one might not be so hard for me. I do see Him in my daily encounters...but I had/have to work at it.
  • If we will do the duty that lies nearest, we shall see Him.
  • So, what do you think? :?)

1 comment:

Scott Williams said...

If I'm totally honest, I'm horrible at prayer. I don't really know why, but I am. I figure much of it is my lack of discipline in it. It's so much easier to approach God on my terms than on His thus I often miss the blessing of prayer.