Monday, March 12, 2007

Great Conference!

I absolutely enjoyed the Passion For Jesus Conference I went to this past weekend. There were well over 2000 people there! The place was full even on Thursday afternoon. On Friday night the young people were asked to sit on the floor up in front to give room for all the people coming in.
Some highlights from the conference are:
  • We seek to be a "people of the Spirit" both in our inner life as well as in our ministry to others. We must deeply value our relationship with the Spirit. A vibrant walk with the Spirit is essential in our quest to experience more of God. It is futile to seek deep experiences with God while neglecting the Spirit's presence and leadership. We cannot go deep in God with a dull spirit. ( That is a spiritual ICU unit)
  • Spiritual burn out is a disconnect with the Holy Spirit.
  • We will not walk in the Spirit more than we talk to the Spirit. We will not obey Him more than we talk to Him. He will talk us out of sinning and quitting.
  • The more we talk to the Spirit the less we talk to people in a away that quenches the Holy Spirit, our spirit, and their spirit. Words release (activated) as well as hinder the Spirit's work in us.

Those are from Mike Bickle's sermons

  • Something that stayed with me from Allen Hood as he emphasized the importance of our understanding the story of Jesus from Genesis through Revelation. He talked about the fulfillment of God's promise with Christ's death on the cross. He came at it with an angle I had not heard before. All that God did was for our protection against Satan because of what Satan did to His little girl in the Garden of Eden. It definitely left me with a picture of a very loving, protective Father we have!

Following are statements from John Bevere

  • For believers it is not where you spend eternity but how you will spend eternity.
  • Believers will not be judged by what you did but in the light of what you are called to do.

John had some new concepts to me about eternity. I am reading his book "Driven By Eternity". It will take me awhile to get through the study so it may be awhile before I post about what he has to say.

Notes on some of the sermons can be printed from ihop.org. The dates of the conference were the 8-10. You will see notes for those dates.


2 comments:

Lizzybeth said...

I am encouraging anyone that reads this to go to the www.ihop.org website and download the notes...they are fantastic!!

Joyce Collins said...

My Dear Lizzy, I am so thrilled as I watch what Father is doing in your life!