Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Heavy Heart

It is rainy and dreary out today.
I am not working today so I chose to clean out a couple of drawers. I came across something I have not seen for a while and I have allowed it to make my heart heavy.

That is OK once in a while. The 28th of this month will be the 10th anniversary since we lost our Bryan. What I came across was his mohawk green hair that he finally cut off and had kept! That thing caused so many fights between him and I! Funny how now I cherish having that! Funny how I hated his tattoos but get jealous when someone shows me a tattoo by Bryan on them! (No, don't worry I have no intentions of getting a tattoo- I was just surprised when I first experienced that reaction)
Poor little guy, he had such a free spirit and I had such a legalistic way of looking and dealing with things. I sure gave him a hard time!
I think I am a better Mom now...probably from learning a lot from experiencing the death of a child. I sure wish Bryan could experience my motherhood now! :?)

My Precious Heavenly Father,
What a wonderful plan this is You have of family! You entrust us with children. I thank-You for the children You gave to us. I made many mistakes, but I did a lot of things right, with Your guidance and Wisdom.
I know You tell us in Your Word that we are not to communicate with the dead,
So, I just ask that you tell my Bryan how much I love him and how much I miss him!

5 comments:

The Stiners said...

Wow, I didn't realize it has been 10 years. I'll keep you in my prayers over this, I can only imagine that it will be a hole in your heart that truly will never heal. I am sure you have been able to touch someone's life because of what you have been through. You should check out this blog: www.cfhusband.blogspot.com and see the miracles God is doing with this little baby. I know you could pray for them in a way that is unique because of the loss of your own son. Love to you and Uncle Gary! Jennifer

Joyce Collins said...

Wow! That is quite a story they have going there! It looks like they also have a lot of people supporting them through this. Thank God!

Amy said...

You will definitely be in my prayers during this time. Your example of trusting in God and in his plan is inspirational. You are a wonderful mom, and I know that this experience has allowed you to become a "mom" to so many people who cherish their relationship with you.

Sending you all my warm fuzzies and praying for God's love and comfort to be bestowed upon you in abundance...

Lizzybeth said...

The first time I met him, he had that stupid green mowhawk! I think it is what I thought was so cute and fun about him. But I sure was thankful when got rid of it...and the piercings and the...!! I'm sure he is cracking up...

Lizzybeth said...

Jeremiah 31:15-17 "Rachel weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted for her children, because they are no more. Thus says the Lord, “Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears; For your work shall be rewarded...There is hope in your future.”