Monday, September 08, 2008

I Will Not Let Myself Rest

I heard a sermon on Psalm 132:3-5

"I will not go home; I will not let myself rest. I will not let my eyes sleep nor close my eyelids in slumber until I find a place to build a house for the Lord, a sanctuary for the Mighty One of Israel."

Being one who cannot resist sleep when overtaken by sleepiness I asked Father how this scripture would apply to me. What is He asking of me through these words?

Several years ago my son Jonathan turned a small storage room into a prayer room as a Christmas gift to me. I have spent time praying over many issues in that prayer room. However, in the empty nesting of my home I have found that any place in the home is a sanctuary of quietness, so the prayer room has become a place where I would go when I needed to pray about things that really bothered me.

Otherwise, my prayer time has been where I am very comfortable.

I believe God is calling me to my prayer cave...to be on my knees... crying out to Him...talking to Him...Listening to Him!

I am going to go back to making the prayer room a daily place to meet my Father! I am going to make sure I seek Him in deep earnestness until I am sure my heart is a true sanctuary for Him.

The pictures in the slide show below are of the prayer room. I added music to the slide show and decided NOT to cut the music at the end of the slide show. I hope you can enjoy the song as I do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss reading your encouraging words and updates!
God bless

Joyce Collins said...

Well, thank-you anonymous! I do need to get back to the blogspot. I tend to do my communicating of Facebook more these days, but I do have some things to share. I will get back to that! :?)
Who are you?

Anonymous said...

Thank you! My name is Christina R. and just happened to pass by your blog (I usually check different blogs when I'm bored at work, I like to learn new things from people:P)and found it very intersting, it's good to hear about peoples' experiences in their relationship with God. Your blog has helped me with my prayer life and just miss reading some of your postings...:)

Joyce Collins said...

Hi Christina! I feel honored that God would use me as a vessel to encourage you! I will soon post something! :?)