Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Goals


2008 was a year I made a goal and accomplished it! Well, actually, I made several goals but accomplished some. One of my goals was to learn how to knit. I have been an avid crocheter since Jr. High lessons in home economic classes. I have crocheted hundreds of projects in the last 40 some years.




So, though I knew I would be slow at it, I taught myself how to knit. I have only made scarves.


My son Jeremy, with his great artistic mind, found a store in Kansas City called The Peruvian Connection. For Christmas he got me a beautiful box with three sets of wooden knitting needles. Along with that he got me some hand painted alpaca yarn! I am not sure what I am going to make with that beautiful yarn but I have started practicing using the wooden needles and I am having fun!




I guess I would say for 2009 I will venture away from knitting scarves to trying hats and new stitches.




However, my biggest goal for 2009 will be to become very familiar with the book of Revelation. Though I have read it many times I have not really invested time in getting to know it. I was recently inspired by a sermon by Mike Bickle. If you want to hear that same sermon you can go to it by clicking on his name.


I am anticipating a great year as I pursue this study!


Wishing all of you an amazing year of 2009 where you encounter God in a mighty way!




No comments: