Friday, July 28, 2006

15 Great Grandchildren


My Mom just called to inform me that Great Grandchild #15 was born at 1:30 this morning. Jennifer and Eric Wasson are the proud parents of their 3rd. Regan Quinn came in at 6 pounds 11 ounces.
I had been considering putting something on the blog about my Mom and Dad.
These are two very delightful people. I can't help but thank God for allowing me to have Larry and Eunice as my parents.
That terrible Ahlzeimers disease has taken hold somewhat of my 93 year old Dad, yet I see in him a Spirit Filled man who does not display the meanness that comes with that disease.
Mom has been endowed with continued energy and just got back yesterday from having preached at a family camp in the Ozarks. She will be teaching a ministerial course for the Joplin District in September. It will involve 10 hours of teaching each weekend for 4 different weekends!
What a heritage these great grands have. My prayer is that the rest of us will continue on in the life of seeking God's will and pursuing it with our all!

2 comments:

Lizzybeth said...

Knowing your mom...I'm sure she'll out live all of us!!

Joyce Collins said...

She is 88 years old! I plan to live another 40...and you, my dear, have another 60! I hope she doesn't outlive us all!!!!!!