Thursday, August 03, 2006

Morning Glory



If I am going to have my own personal blog it will have to have something about Morning Glories. If my husband is going to encase my house with garden capabilities (excpet in front of the garage!) and build three decks and a front porch....then I have places for Morning Glories. As you can see, I have a wall forming up the back. Before the season is over my whole upper deck will be engulfed! For years I have planted them and then harvested the seeds so as to plant the next year. I eagerly wait for the end of August when the flowers finally come and are out for just a few hours in the morning. Then school starts and I hate to go because I know all those Morning Glories will be gone when I get home! Up till now I have only had the typical blue ones. I have discovered there are many kinds of Morning Glories. So, late in August I will be looking for Pic0tee Blue(double layer with white edge), Chocolate (pink ones?) and Mountain Glory blue( the leaf is very different!). But it looks like I will not have to wait anymore to see the Good Morning Red!
Actually this year I am trying other climbers besides Morning Glories. I have Clymatis, Hyacinth Bean, Cypress Vine,Moonflower and Climbing Spinach! Fun, fun, fun!
Aren't you glad I don't know how to load my slidshows on here?!?!?!

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Does it grow wild?