Thursday, May 24, 2007

There is Power in Prayer

I was looking for some books in my bookshelf and am disappointed because it appears I have either given away or loaned all three books. I was going to look up some things I have underlined in those books.
Not too long ago I was talking to a pastor's wife from a large church outside of my denomination. She was talking about how the people in this church have been bad mouthing her pastor/husband for several years. It makes me wonder how it can be a large church if that is an ongoing thing. My guess is that Satan will get his way and that church will be defeated church. I was thinking about how different things could be if the people would catch the vision of praying for their pastor! In the book The Power of Prayer, The Prayer of Power R.A. Torrey states something like this, " A pastor is as strong as the prayers of his people." What if those people started investing in praying for their pastor instead of discouraging him? I remember reading a book by Derek Prince, Blessing or Curse, where he talks about the power of our words. He believes we actually influence what happens to people by our words! What if he is right? What if we can build our pastors up....first with our prayers....then with our words!!!! Peter Wagner wrote a book about praying for our pastor, Prayer Shield. I know who I loaned that book to and that person moved away so I will just have to purchase that book again! I think I want to be on God's team and take time to really pray for my pastor!

No comments: