Monday, August 13, 2007

It's The Middle Of August!

And I am growing endeared to these little guys!
Even though they startle me when they come right up next to me. They are noisy little fliersI thought I had lost one of my ferns to our Spring's deep freeze
Only to discover today that there is life! Good thing I didn't dig it up!
Today I also discovered this guy is living in the water holding tank of my pot!
My wisteria is blooming...in spite of what the deep freeze did to it earlier!
Ohhhhh, soooo cute!
I haven't been able to get a picture of the ruby throated one yet.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting all summer to see one of those hummer's come to our house. This past Sunday, I am happy to report, one came. And again on Monday. I don't know why, but thses little creatures intrigue me. God has made a beautiful creation in the midst of all the ugliness in the world. He is so merciful!

Lizzybeth said...

Well, after our talk last Monday about your protective hummingbird...I now have noticed that our little green bellied one won't leave the shepherd's hook that the feeder is on and he is scaring all the others away!! His mama would not be pleased at how he is bullying!!