Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Challenges

Not too long ago Jonathan put out a challenge on his blog for a workout. At a family picnic Labor Day one of his aunts commented about Jonathan's extreme challenges reminding us of one he sent out back in 2005. I decided I would post his old challenge on here. It definitely changed the way I read the Word. No longer am I satisfied with a one or two chapter a day way of doing it!!!!! I will confess, I have not done the OT in three months....but I have done the NT in a month several times since he put out this challenge. So, I put the challenge out to the rest of you!!!! Tell me what you think!





Hey guys, > > I heard a sermon on a CD recently that has challenged me to a new >idea for reading scripture that I'm going to try out this month. If >you read ten chapters a day, six days of the week, you will complete >the New Testament in one month. It didn't talk about this, but also >if you do the same with the Old Tesament, skipping psalms, you can >complete it in 3 months. I am attempting to do both, ten in each >everyday for the next three months. I am emailing you to see if you >would join me in at least the NT part. Doing both ends out taking >quite a chunk of your morning. If you don't have a job, don't have >any friends, and don't have anything to do except train, eat, and >rest then I'd ask you to join me with the OT as well. > I have yet to find any type of consistent community up here to >be accountable to, to feel a part of, etc. It would be great to >have friends back home joining me in this. But don't do it for me, >or you'll end up hating me every morning. If you are already in the >middle of something fruitful, by all means don't stop. But if >you're struggling to be in the Word, or aren't in it at all, this is >a great game plan and a great time to start it. > Please reply and tell me whether you can/can't, will/won't. I >know it is a little late notice to start for february, but who >cares. Finish march 2nd. I sent this to people I'm close to that I >thought might actually do it. If you want to send this to more >friends/family, go ahead. Maybe it will spread and the whole >country will be reading the Bible :) -Jonathan

No comments: