Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Italian Eating in Monterrey Log 3

WEll, I had another dinner with "Gary's Gang"
Here we are waiting to get started eating. On the left is Tom, who inspects towers all over the US. At the head of the table is Juan, from Spain, has lived here for 6 months as an engineer for the company here, Ravi, from India but Caifornia most of his life, an engineer overseeing this project, and My Gary, the Project Manager.
We added another man to our group! This is the man who cooked up our meal! He is from Italy and if I got the story right, he has been a chef at some the more elite restaurants in Monterrey. He decided he wanted his own little restaurant.
We have been served! Some of it anyway.
I think this was my favorite! This is a tuna salad. I am not sure, but I think the tuna was marinated in something that sort of pickled it.

A vegetable medley that was oh sooo good!
The green pasta at the top was outstanding...and the lasagna was the best I have ever had.
I did not get a picture of the pizza. It was not like any pizza I have ever had. The desert was a cooked pear in a very special red syrup.

An amazing meal to be had for a hole in the wall. What we got last night is not a part of the menu...he just made some of his specailties just for us! He sat with us to see what we thought of them!
I feel I have been spoiled!!!!! :?)

No comments: