Monday, September 10, 2007

Mother-In-Law

I hope this does not come across as bragging for that is not the intent! I am just sharing some thoughts.
I received a call last night from one of my daughters-in-law. The call was a thank-you call...thanking me for being such a good mother-in-law.
That is a very nice kind of call to get!
We talked about how so many women seem to be jealous of the woman their sons have picked as a life companion. I was asking the Lord this morning why I have not experienced that feeling of jealousy.
There are many answers to that!!!!!!
  • One who lives a Spirit filled life is not jealous
  • When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another. Galatians 5:19-24
  • Decisions made as a child make life easier or harder as an adult! When I was a child I had to share my pastor parents with many others. I could have been jealous but I chose to be proud of who my parents are and share them willingly. In fact when co-teens would share about how "horrible" their parents were I would offer them to come to my house and experience the love my parents would offer them!!!!!! I feel the same way about sharing my boys! They have a lot of love and fun to offer others!
  • Another thought I have is that my daughters-in-law did not take away my boys....my boys provided me with two very amazing and wonderful daughters!!!!!!!!
  • :?)

5 comments:

Amy said...

I hope I can be such a great mother in law to my sons' wives!

I imagine you are a very good "mother" to everyone--it's in your nature!

Joyce Collins said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amy. You are a great mom and friend to everyone. Thanks for the love you give to my family!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just came across your blog, and LOVE it so far! That is so wonderful from your daughter-in-law!
I can't wait to dig further into your blog!

Amy Nelson said...

and...I'm back. :) (And I fully agree with the above posts). :)